Thursday 6 December 2018

The First Tree Review

You may have seen my recent let's play of The First Tree after watching you might think this isn't much of a game.

http://www.thefirsttree.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/TFT_Screen05-1024x576.png

Due to the fact when you're playing as the fox, you basically just walk forward towards The First Tree and you could even miss all the collectables along the way if you really wished.

You might also think the game looks very pretty in some parts such as a scene with a deer but even on the One X, foliage can appear out of nowhere and some other odd occurrences.

 http://www.thefirsttree.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/TFT_Screen03-1024x576.png

That you may be thinking this doesn't sound good at all, which is sort of a problem with this sort of game to review as if you do pick up the collectables you'll get a backstory which is fully narrated, I believe by the games creator and his wife.

Now, this is where the game shines and it's the emotions you'll feel along the way which will even mean you'll like the game or not. I don't want to go into the story too much which is based around one of the characters talking about his childhood.

It might just be me but he doesn't mention his mother once that I do believe he is talking about a single parent in his father. Now this hits home to me being raised by a single parent in my father, that the emotional notes of The First Tree may have reached me more than it would some.

 http://www.thefirsttree.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/TFT_Screen01.png

 

No comments:

Post a Comment