Tuesday 20 November 2018

Storm Boy Review


Storm Boy: The Game is an adaptation of Australian Authors Colin Thiele's 1964 novella for Xbox One (how I played the game), PS4, Switch, PC, Mac, and Mobile from Blowfish Studios.

To be honest and it might be because I'm the UK, I've never heard of Colin Thiele or his works, however what I gather from playing the game and a section in the menu talking about the novellas history, it's clearly an important piece of literature. 





After reading the history section before playing, I think Storm Boy is an interesting game not in terms of playing but more in educating you about relationships with people be it your father Hide-Away Tom or your buddy a pelican called Mr Percival and few others along the way in this half an hour or so game.





Yeah, the game is short and rather simple as really all you do is just wander around a beach, playing some simple mini-games such as fetch with Mr Percival in what is a fairly beautiful oil-painting-like visuals which I can imagine is based on illustrations straight from the book.

Storm Boy won't be for everyone but if you have young kids, I could see this being a great introduction to gaming in the same way as you might read them the actual novella. 




 Get your Xbox codes and more here

No comments:

Post a Comment