Tuesday 30 October 2018

Best Games on Xbox Game Pass


To be honest, I don't have the most original of ideas, someone will talk about their favourite RPG's which will get me thinking what are my favourites and I'll go write a blog post or do a video on them.

This past week, a friend on twitter brought up that she was looking at getting an Xbox One S which led to replies from a few people, including myself, bringing up the great value you can get from an Xbox One S due to its price and the services on offer such as Backwards Compatibility and Game Pass.

I've done a few videos on Backwards Compatibility which you can find on the blog but never on Game Pass.

Game Pass has some great games on it but as I know my friend has never owned an Xbox console, which got me thinking what are the best games on the service and is this good for someone new to the ecosystem.


With rumours of a fourth entry, using Game Pass you can go back to Albion to play the three main games including the Xbox 360 HD Anniversary version of the first which might still be the best Fable out of the three.


FH4 shows the incredible value of Game Pass, it's one of the best games of the year and is available just to play with a sub to the service. I'm not even the biggest racing fan but FH4 gameplay just rewards you for playing, that you can come 6th in a race and still feel you've progressed.




Much like Fable, with a fifth mainline game upcoming Game Pass allows someone to go back and experience this great series, also both the 360 and Remaster of the first are playable through Game Pass.




With the recent addition of Halo Master Chief Collection to Game Pass, and Halo 5 on it as well this brings all five mainline games to the service and not only that but the excellent Halo Wars and its sequel are also playable.





I only played this one recently due to it being on Game Pass, I don't know if I ever would have if it wasn't on service. And it's decent 3rd person action game with a neat idea due to the blend of gameplay and live action. 




Yep I mean the studio Rare as if you're new to Xbox you might want to check out some familiar faces with Banjo-Kazooie and what Rare has been up to after becoming an Xbox First Party Studio, not everything has been good or on Game Pass but with likes of the three Banjo-Kazooie games, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Sea of Thieves and Viva Pinata there's bound to be something for someone.


All the games on here are Xbox games and shows what Xbox is all about but like I said at the start, Game Pass does have some big third party games on service and Rise of the Tomb Raider is one of the best plus if you've got an Xbox One X then you're in for a real treat.

RotTR also showed me some great things about Xbox One as I played RotTR on release and since sold it. One day I decide to download it via Game Pass and my game save from my old Xbox One S was right there on my One X due to the automatic cloud saves and being in Game Pass I get a discount on DLC, that I decided to continue Lara's adventure.




This is the most criminally overlooked game on Xbox One, it's just a fantastic action platformer, which you should be playing.




A great 3D platformer which would have felt right at home during the late 90s / early 2000's, that is well worth a look.


Game Pass might allow us to play Xbox One first party games on the day of release, go back to some classic games and big 3rd party games but it also allows us to checkout some great indies which we may have never played if it wasn't for the service.

Get your Xbox codes and more here



No comments:

Post a Comment